Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Goodie Day

Today is Goodie Day at work. A day where co-workers come together to celebrate the holidays with a variety of holiday treats. From Velveeta cheese & salsa dip in the crockpot, to Chex Mix, to cupcakes, cookies, and pies--we've got everything your inner "fat girl" desires.

I was most impressed with the cupcakes Gale brought in. So impressed that I had some fun with Photoshop this morning. Take a look below.


These are just regular chocolate cupcakes topped with icing and sprinkled with chocolate and crushed candy cane.

I love the cupcake stand she used. It really does add a lot to the presentation and it's actually the entire reason behind why I even bothered to photograph the cupcakes in the first place. The only drawback that I can see is that the display is far too pretty to eat because the cupcakes haven't even been touched!

You can purchase a Wilton Cupcakes 'N More Dessert Stand at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for a mere $19.99. Use a 20% off coupon and you'll save an extra $4.00 before tax. It would be a great addition to any occasion--birthdays, holidays, weddings, anniversaries, you name it.

I also got a $10 Starbucks giftcard from my manager, which was very thoughtful. I love how everyone knows just how much I love my Starbucks in the morning. I broke down and bought Starbucks coffee to brew at home just to cut back on my weekly spending. I could easily drop $20 a week on Starbucks, no kidding. If I'm lucky, I'll get a few more in my stocking!

1 comment:

  1. awww those are cute. i love the colors. my wedding cake lady says wedding cupcakes w/stands have become really popular. I can see why!

    ReplyDelete