Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Raw Kombucha

I have had an upset stomach on and off for about 2 weeks now. I went to the doctor and he gave me some anti-acid pills. I was doing alright for a few days until I went to the winery with my mom. I guess going on an empty stomach was not the best idea! Also, wine is one of those things that does upset the stomach. Anyway, I've been reading up on what to eat/what not to eat to help clear the symptoms. About everywhere I looked they suggested drinking ginger tea or ginger ale. I remembered this drink my friend got from Bloomingfoods that was some weird hippie drink made with real ginger. It had a very potent smell, but I remember the taste being alright. I decided to head down there yesterday and grab a bottle. It is actually quite delicious, and to boot it's low calorie/low sugar and it claims to have many health benefits so I thought I'd mention it on here!

The drink is called Organic Raw Kombucha. I chose the Gingerade flavor! Here's the description from their website:

"Kombucha is alternately known as a Chinese tea, a plant, or a mushroom. But it's not really any of these. It's a living culture of beneficial microorganisms, and in Kombucha's case, the whole is infinitely greater than the sum of its parts! Our Kombucha is delicately cultured - some liken it to fermentation - for 30 days. During this period, essential nutrients form like active enzymes, viable probiotics, amino acids, antioxidants and polyphenols. All of these combine to create an elixir that immediately works with the body to restore balance and vitality. Kombucha has been used for hundreds of years throughout the world as a daily health tonic. The culture resembles a light brown, tough, gelatinous disk and because it's a living, growing entity, it can regenerate and create new cultures with every batch. In fact, GT's Kombucha and Synergy are made from Kombucha cultures that are descendants of the original culture GT grew to create his first bottles."

Kombucha Supports:
* Digestion
* Metabolism
* Immune System
* Appetite Control
* Weight Control
* Liver Function
* Body Alkalinity
* Anti-Aging
* Cell Integrity
* Healthy Skin & Hair

And the best part? 1 bottle (16 oz.) is only 60 calories, 14g of carbs, and 4 grams of sugar. For one serving size (there's 2 per bottle), cut that in half.

Ingredients? 100% G.T.'s organic raw kombucha, fresh pressed ginger juice, and 100% pure love!

1 comment: